Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Monday, January 29, 2007
Sunday, January 28, 2007
Friday, January 26, 2007
Here is my latest offering for TAST. This weeks stitch is Cretan stitch. I wasn't really looking forward to this one as I couldn't see that I could do many variations. However I am quite pleased with my sample. I tried varying the size of the "legs" to each side and the gap between each stitch. I also worked around a curve. I tried a knotted version, and whipped and laced.I also did some filled blocks as I had seen them in "Stitch Magic" again. I also worked further on varying the thickness of my thread as one of the comments I had had on previous TAST pieces was that I had used a variety of thicknesses well. I thought a lot about this as it hadn't been a concious thing, and so this time I did try to pay consideration to this, and as a result I undid my first stitches of the task this week. I had used far too heavy a thread to whip one section and so too it out. I am pleased with this sample and glad I could get much more than I expected from this stitch.
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Sunday, January 21, 2007
I also tried to scan my felt melt for Textile challenges today but as my needle snapped and can't get more till tomorrow it did not scan well at all. i will post it when I have flattened it down and integrated it enough.
Friday, January 19, 2007
- Random detatched in 3 threads
- Long stitches pulled tight.
- Lazy daisy (well it had to be done!)
- Long chain with shorter rounder over the top at 45 degrees.
- Worked on the diagonal and then a bead in the centre.
- Randon in two thicknesses with a long tail.
- Long randon in thin perle.
- Smal rounded in regular lines.
- Thick cotton thread with very long tails
- Rounded in thich thread wrapped and buttonholed.
- Small gold thread used to couch thich thread. Bead added when making the anchoring stitch.
- Overlayed in 3 threads
- 3 long stitches woven with a contrasting colour.
- 2 large stitches with a loose tension.
- 3 long stitches in thick thread with mid sized anchoring stitch, worked in opposites.
I think this was quite a comprehensive working of the stitch, but I am sure I could have done even more if i had put my mind to it. This was a lovely stitch to work, very versatile. I am really enjoying this task and seems to be my friday after work job!
Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Sunday, January 14, 2007
I choose to look at the 7 deadly sins as my details, which is a bit obvious I suppose. I thought of doing it as a cross, and having the detail in the cross, e.g. sins lurking amongst virtue, but I decided as this was to be published in America and not here, american's have a stronger collective faith, and i wouldn't want to upset anyone, still think it would be a nice idea to follow up for my own personal work. So amongst the flames they now are and as you can see i have added a green eye for Envy, a mouth for Gluttony, which I intend to go back to and work on further as I found a site on the sins this morning, and it equated sins to colour, and gluttony is Orange. I have added 3 pink hearts for Lust, which are hard to see and wil need more work including adding blue ( again colour of the sin). I am going to put on pennies for Greed and then I am out of ideas, i am mulling over the next step and will let you know what i am going to add wheni think of it!!! Watch this space.
Saturday, January 13, 2007
Friday, January 12, 2007
On another note I had an epiphany last night and finally worked out my mentl block, I now what I want to do now and i need to model, so watch this space as i am going to get cracking this week.
Sunday, January 07, 2007
Thursday, January 04, 2007
This (above) is an offcut made into an ATC for the one on one swap. I have added glue gun pieces embossed with embossing powder.I just stitched these on and added some bugle beads and seed beads in copper for extra sparkle.
I also tried couching straight onto the taffeta with yarns. I think this has turned out nicley, but I don't think at the mo this will end up in the final piece. I now need to work on how I am going to do the pieces that will be able to be manipulated. I think I am getting somewhere now.
Wednesday, January 03, 2007
Tuesday, January 02, 2007
The next thing I did was to play around with the glue gun. I spirinkled embossing powder over the molten glue and then heated it with a heat tool. They have come out shiny and metallic, I love them, and so easy. I layed them on the scanner with two backgrounds I have made this week by laying the left over tissue paper from Ellie's doll packaging, over watered down PVA. I am going to use them on my C+G sketchbook. I added this photo of them below on felt so you could see the metallic effect properly.
The last thing I did was to try melting some acrylic felt. I zapped the white felt withthe tool and then added some embossing powder while still hot. I felt it wasn't sticking very well, so I painted the felt with acrylic. this resisted te melting process some, and then the embossing powder resisted it too. I like the way they have turned out thogh. Lots to think about, lots to fiddle further with. Ellie is off to nursery tommorrow so I can have a play day!