I have been making a padfolio for Jo, for a swap on textiles challenges. She chose purples and copper. So I took a piece of the jar dyed fabric I did in a previous post and Then I stencilled it. I did this with the left over bit from a set of stickers for the keyboard (Craig has special black letters on yellow to help him with his visual impairment). I stencilled in a metallic purple. Then I over printed with a check block I made from foam and card. I then over printed with a block I made based on a pattern on my t-shirt and the fact that I knew Jo liked Gothic shapes. I decided to make the edge of the padfolio be shaped as the stamp, I hadn't seen anyone of the many people who have used Sue Bleiweiss' pattern do this so I thought it would make it a bit fresh for me, as I have made quite a few now.
This is the photo with the flash on, I don't know if the colour is more accurate or not! I sewed sequins (square ones) on to catch the light and did some hand running stitch on the check and some machine stitching around the Dark purple block.
I am really pleased with how this has turned out, including finding a nice old coppery button to finish it off. I wanted it to look like a piece of Gothic tile, or mosaic lifted off, and I think I did that quite well. Thanks Sue for such an inspirational pattern. Jo you nearly didn't get this one, I so badly wanted to keep it myself! I guess I will have to make another!