Friday, June 01, 2007
Block printing play
Further to my dyeing experiments I have been playing with some more block printing. I have been wanting to produce an over printed piece for a while now having seen a great article in QA about making really complex overlayed patterns and after reading Collage Unleashed too. So on the last up date this fabric was dyed using the jugged method and then I stencilled with peobo metallic paint the purple blocks. This afternoon I made a block from foam I get from a great play resource centre here in Swansea, they get all sorts of industrial waste and they get this sticky back foam I think from the 3 m's factory near my house. I cut then into little squares and stuck them on to some mount board. I also made the lozenge shape stamp from the same foam. I wanted a curvy shape to contrast the blocks. I got the inspiration for the design from a black and white top I recently bought, but thought it looked suitably Gothic, which I know Jo likes. I stamped the squares in copper metallic and the lozenge with acrylic. I have to cut it up and start the stitch now!