I read about Jug dyeing on Workshop on the web I think, maybe Jane Dunneswold? I can't remember now but I wanted to have a go as I loved the patterns. They are somehow different to tie dye, more graffic and line based I guess. So I mixed up some green and purple dye.
Then I put the fabric in the jars and scrunched them good. i used cotton, muslin and a cotton polyester mix. Then I poured the dye over the dry fabric.
I tried one purple fabric wet but the patterns did not come out as clear so it will be your own preference that prevails, I rather the patterns you get with dry fabric.
These were all on dry fabric and as you can see the patterns are very clear. I like how they have turned out.
This is the piece that I used wet fabric in the jar for I like it but you can see it doesn't have as much clarity to it. I have used a stencil from stickers for the computer that my DH gets to help him see the keys (Hubby is registered blind for anyone who doesn't know!) I am going to us this piece for another padfolio for a swap with Jo on textiles challenges. I am going to over print with Copper in another block pattern.