This first picture is the very first piece of stitch I did that started me on the road I am on today. I made it 3 years ago after going on a day course at the local college for Art teachers. Enid Davies who is my lecturer for C+G now, and who hosted the day course taught us how to use Nappy liners on Velvet and transfer printing. This was what I made when I went back to work the following day. I had started sketching again as I was restless in my school work but didn't really know what to do so i started sketching the plants in my garden. Then I did a transfer print using berol paints. i then free machined it and hand stitched into puff paint. The reason I am showing this to you now is that a few people have been asking me about nappy liners and I realised that this and Jan's padfolio (blogged previously) were the only finished pieces I have with nappy liners. Hope this helps some who have been asking to visualise it.
On to other things. I have been working on inchies for a month or so now. I had to do two sets for reasons that some of you know about and so am working on the second set now. Above are little pouches I made to send them in, I thought they could double as little needle cases with somewhere to store scissors and thread etc. I used the fabric that I had block printed previously for the challenge on textile challenges group.
These are turquoise and copper inchies and the ones below are teal and aqua.