I wanted to say thanks to all of you who have left comments on my work the last few weeks, it is gratefully received and it is so good to get feedback about your work.
I have had a productive night tonight. I have done some lino printing for C+G ready to weave it and I have also printed over coloured tissue and pre-preped dyed paper towels. When they are dry and tidied into a sketch book I will photograph them.
Now Di of FaeryDi fame! tagged me and somehow I missed it! Now this is the first time I have been tagged and since I don't know how to make someone's name into a link, I am going to let the tag stop with me! Sorry to be a party pooper. However I will tell you 7 random things about me:
1. I can play the cornet and played in a brass band for many years.
2. I am a fluent Welsh speaker - native language in Wales, must be spoken for fear of it dying out, hence my daughter being in a Welsh medium school.
3. I have exceptionally curly hair but not many people know as I straighten it everyday!
4. My husband works with me!
5. and after 3 months a man at my work realised I had gone out with him for a good 6 months when we were 15 - and neither of us recognised each other! (More worrying for me as I was the one with the name change not him!!!)
6. I really love teaching - why this is random is that I rarely tell people the positives as the negatives can be overwhelming at times - but there is nothing like seeing a kid free machine for the first time!
7. I don't have any textiles training despite teaching it - my degree is in ceramics and i haven't touched clay for the 7 years I have been teaching.
Sorry to let this fall with me but I have to say Di - took all the people I would have chosen and I don't know too many others well enough to inflict a tag! There I lost my tag virginity!!!