I decided not to miss out on FAF's page swap this time round, as I had joined too late . My first trade is with Alis and she asked for an Egyptian theme. I wanted to do something that looked as though it had just flaked off the tomb wall. So this is what I did.....I used the last of my tea dyed fabric and cut it into random sized strips. I wove the strips together and then bondawebbed it to the base. I then marked out the Egyptian woman with pencil and put a layer of organza on the top and FME'd it all. I then blasted with the heat gun and stitched by hand adding some beads. Now down the right hand side you will see that i added some colour wanting it to be like the tomb paintings, but the colour was too strong so I toned it down with white acrylic over the stitches.
Now Ellie May has not been cooperating and going to bed so well since it is so close to bonfire night and all the local thug/oh I mean children are setting off fire works ever 5 minutes! So I couldn't get on the machine this week so I hand stitched the edges and stitched on a plated cord around the top edge. I finished it off with a tag I made in the summer.
This is a little close up for you. Hope you like it Alis, I really had fun doing it. It's in the post in the morning.