Saturday, December 08, 2007

Devore



Hia all I have been very quiet of late, I have been really busy. We have walked in the lantern parade, which is pictured above. We had a great time despite the wet.
Today i have been on a devore course with Cardiff artist Cath Lewis. Well I had a blast, I really enjoyed it. i have never done it before and i had a good go and managed to make enough to make a good few scarves for Christmas. I am so torn there are so many I want to keep, but I think my Mum and sisters will have to get some. I was lucky and managed to pick up two of my home made stamps and so used those a good bit, but also used a lid to make the circles. I also managed to pick up a load of stencils in B+Q as they are selling them off at £1 a go. They are discontinuing their stencil range so if you are passing a B+Q it is a good chance for some cheap stencils, i got quite few, bamboo, flowers, oriental ones and mosaic ones.
We acid dyed to colour the backgrounds and then used procion for the top layer. Cath showed us a great way to shibori devore and the bright blue one in the middle of the picture is done like this. It was much easier than I thought although a bit messy, I came home with purple hands! I am sooo pleased with the results i can't say and Chris and Sandra, who run our group, fiberpaperarts, are to be commended on their choice. A fab day all round!

5 comments:

Kim said...

The lantern parade looks like it was lovely.

Purple Missus said...

Sounds like you had a really good time at your class. Devore can be a bit hit and miss but you look like you got some great results. Love the purpley coloured one hanging in the centre. (Well,it looks purple in the first picture but somehow you have turned it aubergine in the second one *LOL* Whatever, it still looks good.)

Sandy said...

Great scarves. The parade looks like it was fun. Sandy

Dianne said...

I would much rather all of your beautiful fabrics hanging on my clothes hanger, than what's hanging on mine right now!!!!

Val said...

Beautiful, Beautiful, time so well spent! Val