Sunday, February 11, 2007

Tast a little late! - Algerian eye or eyelet stitch.








Hia all, I a running a little late for TAST this week, ad part of the problem was I couldn't get excited about this stitch. I thought it was boring to be frank, but ever determined I decided to work extra hard on it, and here it is. I used it to couch sequins and sequin waste and two washers, one metal and one rubber. I changed the scale, the shape and how many "legs" to the stitch. And after all that I actually enjoyed it and am pleased with the results. I will edge this while waiting for Ellie at swiming later.

I got to thinking about it and I have actually used this stitch extensively on piece of work for C+G last year. I did a whole series on trees last year as you will see if you check out
space2create.net. This vessel was one i made later for the texere yarns competition in Stitch magazine, it was returned a few weeks ago unsuccessful! But I love it and that's all that counts. I used eyelet stitch prolifically on here, so i am not sure why I didn't want to do a sampler of it.

7 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

Wow that is an awesome piece. Amazing.

Purple Missus said...

Maybe you got bored with that stitch and didn't realise it Carol because there is one heck of a lot of stitching on that vessel. It must have taken you ages. Its wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Carol that piece is fabulous! I wish I could see that in person, that is really a wonderful piece.

Kim said...

better late than... I'm actually run out of adjectives... the trees and your sample are (OMG) wonderful, amazing, stunning!

Dy said...

Hi Carol, re your comment on my blog. I don't think I'm the right person to ask for help!! It took me all weekend to put an image on the blog header (which is why I haven't finished my TAST sample!) and it depends on things like if you have Beta Blogger and if you want the image to have a link in it. I found that each little thing I did created a new and unexpected variable! Anyway, I used these links to help http://testing-blogger-beta.blogspot.com/2006/09/adding-graphic-to-your-blog-header.html http://betabloggerfordummies.blogspot.com/2006/10/how-to-add-picture-to-beta-blog-header.html so maybe have a look at those and see how you go. My main piece of advice - BACK UP YOUR TEMPLATE FIRST!!

Unknown said...

Carol, the vessel is stunning, would love to see it for real, all that texture, yum

Helen in the UK said...

I think this is the beauty of the TAST challenge. You often come to really appreciate a stitch you hadn't heard of or weren't interested in before you try it anew and see what others have done. Great sample :)