Sunday, August 05, 2007

Dotee doll

This month's challenge on textile challenges is to make doll's, of any kind. I have been watching Dot's blog for a while and loving her art therapy dolls. They are so cheery I just had to have a go. While working on the red and green theme I thought I would start there. What I love about these are they will be a most fab holiday project as you only need the smallest of fabric, threads and beads. You can stuff them with cotton wool and so I will be able to buy this even in Cyprus easily.

You can embroider and bead as much as you like and so it is a fab transportable little project. I am going to make some for the girls I am going with, my friends little girls. And of course Ellie has got her order in now, she wants purple and pink, and was very specific in her instruction of purple eye make up and pink lipstick. I apologise for the poor photo, I am taking this late on as my Mum has been over all day, and I was very exited to post. So thanks Dot, for such a wonderful idea. I now understand how people get hooked on this.

***UPDATE***
*** I changed the photo this morning and so is much clearer now*****

6 comments:

Alis Clair said...

Your little doll is adorable.

Elizabet said...

Oh she's fabulous! I agree about them being a great holiday project :)

Dianne said...

She's so cute!!!

Val said...

She is adorable - I hope this one is for you?

Carol said...

How cute! She is lovely Carol, well done.

Dot said...

I love your version of the Dotee doll Carol! She is gorgeous :) Am so glad you are having fun with these. They are addictive!