Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I had a go at 2 new patterns

I had a go at 2 new patterns this week, the first is spinning by Mariel Drotten and I really enjoyed the shading example I did on my step by step guide so did this in pencil and colour pencil. I was thinking about Laura's spaces, challenge 10, and so left a space but I don't think this is my challenge piece! Doesn't feel like a best example of spaces.
The second pattern is actually 2 Fern and it's little brother Nerfy by Jane Monk. Really love this one :) LURVE spirals and this combined with Jo in NZ's shaded stripes is really pleasing I enjoyed this one.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Really great doodles. Thanks for sharing your inspiration.

Diane Kelsey said...

Lovely work! I have bought a book and want to have a go myself. I just need to buy the pen.