Tuesday, October 17, 2006

FAT work




These two images are pieces I have been working on for FAT. The first are my finished crayon cards for "Up close and personal" postcard swap. I melted the crayon onto the cotton between baking parchment, and then I added a piece on with free machining and picked out the markings with freemachining.

The second is the first layer of my journal quilt for this month, which I have now signed up for as I think I am far enough along to commit. I chose a black and white image of the walled garden at the front of Margam House at Margam in South Wales. I thought this was really complex, but I machined over a print out and that made it a lot easier. I am really pleased so far as it is turning out better than I thought it would be. I have a grey felt and a white cotton layer underneath so i will be cutting back next. Then I intend to free machine in details and shadows.

No comments: