Friday, November 03, 2006

FAT Hearts



Last monday FAT had a monday night challenge to make holiday heart decorations. I had a blast making these. I made the ones with the green stitching on the monday night, and have since made three more. For the ones I made on Monday I layered up velevet, angelina and organza. I then free machined the surface, one with hearts and the other randomly. I then cut back through to reveal the angelina, and the velvet. I found I had a few pieces of layers left over and so I cut those into hearts and appliqued them onto velvet. The other hearts were made by layering up taffeta, snipets of organza and a layer of organza over the top. I fused the layers with supermend. I then free machined hearts and circles and used the automatic stitches on my machine to do the third. I then attacked this with the heat gun. It brought the colour of the burgundy taffeta through, which made them look quite dramatic. I had to be very careful with the heat gun as all layers were man made ad so I could have burnt them to a crisp!
I embellished with buttons and beads, which took a while! I am going to make some more to donate to my friend Jayne's daughters junior school xmas fayre. I felt quite festive doing them! Three of them will be swapped with FAT.

1 comment:

Crazy Art Girl said...

I am really groovin on the hearts. Love them!
Belinda