Saturday, November 18, 2006

Postcards and ATC's






I thought I'd show you the snowflake cards I have just sent off for a swap with FAI. I am rather pleased with how they have turned out. I layered up a background of snippets of organza with organza in a really light blue organza over the top of the lot. I then layed down the grids in line with the work I have been doing for C+G. I then used the soldering iron to slash back through the thicknesses. I didn't think it had been very successful until I layed down the blue and silver square and the snowflake brads, then it all seemed to come together.
The purple ATC was one I made for Pam at College's significant birthday ( see Pam I didn't let you down!) I used a piece of cerise taffeta and cut through to a layer of angelina fiber. I also gathered the one corner. the idea was to give her clues as to who's was who by reflecting our work, but I decided to change the colours to ones she likes. The beads attached are from New Zealand that someone sent me in the FAT journal quilt swap. I nearly didn't want to part with it!

No comments: