Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Kim's page and Calendar girls

I finally finished Kim's page for the FAF page swap for December. Kim chose African masks as her theme and I have already shown you the prep I did in my sketchbook. It just called out for bleach to me, I don't know why? Isn't it weird how sometimes a topic cries out a technique to you! I drew freehand in bleach the face and neutralised it in water and vinegar, don't know if this was right but it stopped the bleach working so I was happy. I had also bleached some stripes onto another piece. I also found some lace that had a shape that looked like a shield so i used that on the back with bleach and I painted them with copper metallic paint to add on. I also beaded a few places too.

I am really pleased with the finished effect. I think it has turned out really well.

I have also just uploaded to the calendar girls site about my January postcard, this group is really fun, so go check it out, here!

6 comments:

Val said...

This is amazing Carol - I just love his earrings! Val

Sandy said...

Nice page. The bleach works. Sandy

Michelle said...

This is a really gorgeous piece, Carol. I love the primitive look of it and the color you chose!

Helen in the UK said...

Kim's page looks wonderful. Particulalry like how you added the texture/volume at the top :)

Kim said...

Very cool! I'm looking forward to it arriving.

Digitalgran said...

You know I just love this one Carol! And yes we are so lucky to live here aren't we. We might even have a little snow tomorrow. I'm sure Ellie would love that.