Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Water hanging - finally done





I finally finished the water hanging and what an epic it has been. I have been working on it since september! Never mind I think it has been worth it. i still have the slips to do and the button hole bars to scatter over the surface so that people can alter the appearance of the piece. I have sewn them but have the hooks and button hole bars to do. I will re photograph when I have it hanging, I am going to put it up in my classroom, as I have nowhere else to store it. It was designed for a large display space and is 3 m long.

I have been starting on my Doors to hell project, and have been laying up paper and emulsion onto pelmet vilene. I have all the pieces ready now , and need to put them together. Hopefully this will start to take shape this week, but ii must mark my GCSE coursework too, and i have Ellie home from nursery this week and next so how much I get done will be a mistery.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carol that is really something! I can't wait to see a picture of it hanging. I wish I could see it in person.

Helen in the UK said...

WOW!! It is difficult to get a good feel for it in the photo - I certainly didn't realise how large it is from the picture alone. Can't wait to see it finished and hanging. Congrats on getting it nearly done :)

Ruth Rae said...

amazing art!!!
if you want to know more about my doors please email me at: ruthrae@aol.com ;)