I have been a busy bee this week, as well as packing for the off early hours on thursday, I have made 2 arches. Both are for ladies who like a bit of vintage. The first goes to Kate who is my partner this month, this is the year ong arch swap on textile challenges, my group.
The next is me doing a bit of list mom duty and helping out my good friend Gillian who has really not been well. She owes an arch to Patsy and so I have made this arch for her. Both were made in the same way. I found some lovely vintage brides from a bridal magazine and glued this onto cotton with PVA, I made sure to coat the picture also to make it more robust. I then made some silk paper with silk tops. I put the dried picture of the bride under a clear recycling binliner and layed up the paper so I left a gap to see the pic, it worked a treat. I layed some tea dyed lace into the paper while I was at it. I was a little heavy handed with the textile medium, but it has given it all a nice sheen.I then FME'd and hand stitched, added a binding and beads to the edge! Done, as Ramsay woud say!
I wil leave you with my stitching project for holiday. I have dyed, done a kinda tie dye but with paint and then stencilled and block printed this piece, and intend to hand quilt it while I am away, we shall see, it may get done, it may not. I want to make a Kemshalls types bag. Still on the metal theme.
See you in 2 weeks!