Friday, July 20, 2007

Finished wrap

I thought I would retake some photo's of Lynda's card as the others were poorish quality. Hopefully these are better.


Here is my finished book wrap. I am so pleased with it. I think I am going to keep this one after all and make it one of my experimental samples for C+G.
This is the inside of the wrap, I used Sue B's coffee dyed fabric to line the wrap. I added a strip for a pad and a pocket on the side. I wanted to incorporate some tags as that is the challenge for Textile challenges this month. So I decided to tea dye some tiny tags I had got in the sale. Then I decided tat the pad I had to go inside was too brash (being covered in Tesco's logo!!) So I tea dye some cartridge paper. I stamped with copper paint and added 7 tags with vintage written across them. I held these down with buttons glu gunned down.


I really enjoyed this piece and think I have produced a really nice piece of work. I am playing with some purple left over fabrics at the mo, maybe a little free give away coming soon!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This really looks great Carol. I like the little tags!! Colours are really beautiful too!!!

Dy said...

The card you made is really really beautiful!! Love your little tags too, natural dyes produce some fantastic results!

Purple Missus said...

The photo quality of the card is much better Carol, much more like the real thing.
The book wrap is fantastic. Those tags really finish it off.

Val said...

I just love your Wrap Carol - and love the way you've carried the 'vintage' theme through, even to spelling the word on the end of each little tag! I imagine the colour is much more tea dyed vintage - more like Lynda's postcard? Just great. Val

bookwraps by suz.com said...

Carol! the card & the book wrap are wonderful!!! the book wrap is a piece of art for sure...very very nice work...

Digitalgran said...

Sut hwyl Carol?
The card is really fantastic and I also love the book wrap with the tags.

Dianne said...

Both are fantastic!! Love the card, and the book wrap has some wonderful texture happening there!!