I was hoping to show you these once they were finished, but I have come down with the flu, and feel rubbish, so it will have to be works in progress. I am in a trade on Joanna's Surface design group on colour composition, and because of it being the end of term I am behind! Which is surprising for me as I hate being late. I decided to use the Angie Hughes technique that my friends did with her at a workshop recently. I coloured some calico with acrylics and then tore them into strips and wove them together. I then printed the word colour with two lino blocks I had cut, one I did backwards by mistake, but it worked out well.After printing them I layed strips of organza over and free machined. I used curtain interlining to give it some stability.
Then blasted it with the heat tool, and did some hand stitch.
My next dilemma is whether to edge them off with satin stitch all neat or leave the raw woven edges in place, I'd love to know what you think.
Hopefully I will feel a bit better over the weekend and be able to finish them.