Monday, July 30, 2007

THE MOST LOVELY PRESENT - EVER!

I got the most delightful gift in the post today and it could not have come on a better day. I have been suffering with my "anxiety" the last few days, panicing at everything, generally not coping as well as I could, when this little treasure arrived. My dearest friend, Jan Lewis, who as I have said before doesn't have a blog but is getting one soon! sent me this fab book cover and a bundle of other goodies too. I had a little cry after I opened it sa i was so chuffed that she sent me such a lovely gift. You see Jan and I have never met, she is one of the first people I met online, but she is one of my dearest friends. We chat on the phone and online regularly and she is a surrogate Aunty to my daughter, who shares the sma ebirthday as Jan's own daughter.(Note Jan I said Aunty!!!)
This was the contents of the book, a lovely sketchbook and two ATC ish cards, one with trapunto quilting effect. The fabric is inspired by her rubbings from the floor of Petersborough Museum and is the basis of her work for her new exhibiting group called Meniscus. I am so blown away to be one of the first to get hold of a piece of this work. I hope your exhibition will be a thriving success
Did you notice the little tag that serves as a bookmark. What a treat, I can't thank you enough Jan, it makes my work look amateur!
PS, I have been nobbled for my play day tomorrow again as my sister from London is coming down and only has tomorrow available for a visit, I am not going to say what day I now plan to play in the hope of third time lucky!

5 comments:

Doreen G said...

What a great gift --I can see why you were so happy to receive this.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful gift! I hope it made you feel better...

Susan D said...

What a beautiful gift I hope it cheered you up. I have an surrogate Aunty like that, she has been more of an Aunty to me for 40 years than any of my real ones.

Alis Clair said...

What a wonderful gift.
I hope it made you feel better.

Have a great playday.

FARBTUPFER said...

A wonderful gift and I hope also you feel better.