Saturday, March 29, 2008

TIF - Details

Fo this months TIF, I decided to do something with my left over paper towel technique that i spoke about in the previous post, inspired by Michelle Bonds and FAT's technique week. I had these off cuts and a lovely sorta tie dyed bit of paper towel. My focus on the details came in the purity of the lines and couching. If you notice I have kept the couching at 45degree's to the strip. I was careful to keep it like this. I love the way the pieces intersect. Thanks to Sharon again for the impetous.
I just wanted to let any Textiles challenges members know that inspired by Michelle's technique idea and with Nj's kind permisssion I am holding a making party at Textiles challenges all next week. I will release a file each day showing a step to making something. We will be working on a recycling project, using carrier bags. Hope those of you who have been lurking feel like coming to play and anyone who wants to come play but are not already members then follow the link in the sidebar. See you there!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAW SO NICE TO FIND SOMEONE WELSH AND WHO LOVES FABRIC HELLO NICE TO MEET YOU HUN ! WHITCH BLOG IS YOUR PERSONAL LET ME KNOW LOVE FROM SESGA XX

Unknown said...

Wow! Love the idea and the result you got! Looking foward to the week.

Purple Missus said...

I do like this. Looks really good.
You clever old thing you.

Unknown said...

Love this - it's a beautiful composition - and it looks sensational in the closeup.

Digitalgran said...

That tiff piece is just the best Carol and I love it, I really do. I can see we have somone else from Wales blogging!