Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Cards swapped



I can show you these cards I made to swap lately. The top one is on a blog swap with Anna Nowicki, of Serendipity blog and the bottom one is for an open swap with Cathie on FAI. They were done using the method from a previous post of stitching a fabric to acrylic (kunin) felt and then blasting the felt with the hot tool. They have really helped inform me about my hanging. I will show you the model soon as I am going to model it first so I can make decisions about scale and proportion.

5 comments:

Helen in the UK said...

What fabulous texture. I've not played with kunin felt before and I think I must!!

Purple Missus said...

I agree with Helen, the texture is fab. I've only ever burnt through Kunin, haven't yet tried your method. Something else to add to my 'must have a go' list.

Anonymous said...

I love everything about these. The color and the texture are just fabulous.

Elizabet said...

These are wonderful!

I just wanted to say, you are really inspiring me to progress my own art work and learn new methods.

Dianne said...

Great texture in these cards, and the golden/brown is a lovely colour.