Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Missing source photo and JQ




Herre is the picture of my original source for my C+G hanging. I was having problems uploading it so have put it in a separate post.


I have also been working on my journal quilt for FAT, the title is the devil is in the detail. I have posted about this already when it was just a background and free machining. I have now done more hand stitching to add the clock for sloth, I read somewhere that sloth is the wasting of spiritual time, so the clock face, the numerals are falling off. I have also used hand stitching to tone down the mouth for gluttony as it stands out a bit much for a detail! The colours I have chosen are significant as each of the sins is related to a colour, sloth light blue, lust dark blue, anger red, envy green, gluttony orange, greed yellow, pride lilac. I have shisha mirrors kindly sent to me by Jan to add and pennies to add for greed. I also want to add a devils tail to go with the horns and pitch fork - look carefully! I am going to turn this into a series for C+G term 2, based on limits and boundaries, and look at the virtues too.

3 comments:

Dianne said...

The colours and texture in this are gorgeous! You are a marvel - how do you fit it all in? Mum, C & G, work, creating - what a great job you're doing!!

Sara lechner said...

this is absolutely wonderful!! is it a detail, how big is it? it is always difficult to tell...

Digitalgran said...

This is a lovely piece at the bottom.