Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Take a stitch tuesday


I have sgned up for a ew chalenge this week, to allow me to do more hand stitching and to produce a teaching aid for school. This is on Sharon B's in a minute ago blog. The first stitch of the challenge is herringbone, and this is my sample. It is really good to be able to use only one stitch, and focus on what it can do. I was given a book by my lovely student teacher, Eve for christmas, and it is the colours I have been doing for my heat set work, so I am going to use it to hose my take a stitch tuesday samples, and this wil be a book of stitches for my classes to use as reference. I really enjoyed this. When I mount it in the book I will photograph it and post it.

4 comments:

Angela said...

Your sample has turned out great :) I bet it will look wonderful all mounted up into a book what a clever idea

Helen in the UK said...

Great stitching. I'm hoping to do something on the TAST theme too :)

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful work with the herringbone. I enjoyed looking around at some of the other things you're doing, too!

Susan said...

I really like your sample. Your students are going to have a lot of help with these sampler pieces! I looked around at your recent postcards, and they are all so interesting!