Sunday, January 28, 2007

Finished Journal quilt


I have posted the picture of my January journal quilt in it's finished state. This is for the FAT JQ projectand I have been working on the theme of the deadly sins and eac iece on the JQ has signifigance.I researched and found that colours are linked to each sin and so i have incorperated this. I have raging animal teeth for anger, and the gums are red for the colour. Pennies for greed held down in yellow. Shisha mirrors for pride (vanity)held down in lilac. Hearts for lust outlined in dark blue, a clock with the face sliding off it (this was a hard one until I found out sloth is the wasting of spiritual time) in light blue, a mouth for gluttony highlighted in orange and lastly the envious green eye! i am now turning this into a series of work for my C+G project. I have to back it and bind it now but the hard part is done. please tell me what you think as I was a bit concerned the images were not integrated into the flames enough? Would love your opinion.

7 comments:

Cory said...

Carol, You have done an absolutely fantastic job on this. I love how you represented each element so creatively. And yet, it all flows together, nothing is disjointed or out of place. Great work, Cory, Fellow FATtie

Anonymous said...

Carol it's fabulous. Each element definitely stands out on it's own but it still remains a cohesive piece. How are you going to do the border?

Frederique said...

I can't help yo to find a joining piece, but your work is just stunning!!

Cathy said...

I love this piece!

Helen in the UK said...

Wonderful piece. Red is my favourite colour (so I could be biased!) but it really has a sense of emotion to it :)

Dianne said...

So wonderful!! Love all the different elements.

Judy Scott said...

carol love what youre creating very gorgeous, Jude xx