Sunday, January 21, 2007

Pink 1x1 art squares

These are my pink 1"x1" art squares. They are the colour choice of Susan (who I don't know so if your reading this give me a buzz and say hello!). I am not by nature a pink girl but I have enjoyed doing these, not least because Ellie has enjoyed picking out the buttons and bits to go on. She made a happy sun and a sad cloud yesterday like at her nursery so we can keep track of her behaviour ( her being a bit of a madam!) and the sequin waste is left over from making the thunder on the cloud. I have managed to link a bit of Fiber art friends challenge by adding the paper to some (the challenge being to combine paper and fabric) this will not be my only offering as I feel this would be a cop out. I had the paper bits from a raffle I won a while back. I also tried to use what I had learned by doing the detatched chain sample in this piece. The background was cling film fabric, a la, Dianne of Faerydi blog, and i am very pleased to say that this technique is so fab and fun and fast. i will use it for many a thing to come I know, so thank you Dianne. Check out her blog I heartily recommend it.
I also tried to scan my felt melt for Textile challenges today but as my needle snapped and can't get more till tomorrow it did not scan well at all. i will post it when I have flattened it down and integrated it enough.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are just yummy! That center one with the flower is too much fun. I haven't done the cling wrap fabric thing yet - it's on my list for tomorrow...

Dianne said...

Oh, I love these!! These are my colour, but I'm in Group 1 (too bad!!).

Terri Stegmiller said...

Wow these are gorgeous. Love the color!

Sarah said...

Love these! They're great!

susan said...

am i the susan you are speaking of? i chose pink for sara's swap in group 3. will if not too bad for me cuz these pink "inchies" are wonderful.